Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

Considering a Stealth

Old 08-10-2013, 04:39 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Considering a Stealth

My situation:

I'm wanting a second car that is for more recreational purposes. I'm not really looking at racing or anything along those lines, I just want a car that will let me live a little. I have always liked the looks of the Stealth; however, there is one major objection that I have to this car: The Mitsubishi engine. Years ago we got burned and knew a number of people whom got burned with this engine, and the version DOHC found in these (being state of the art for its time) has some additional needs and complexities from what I have read. I know that this in truth is a Mitsubishi with a Dodge badge slapped on it, but I can't quit thinking about it. In order for me to be comfortable with this car, I would need to be able to have the engine swapped to something else. Could any of the following be done and if so what would be the challenges:

1. A Chrysler 3.5L V6
2. A Chrysler 3.3L/3.8L V6
3. A Chrysler V8

If any of these are too far out of the lines of reality, do you have any suggestion for an alternative car other than the Challenger (I like it but they are rather expensive and while I like them, I prefer more futuristic styling to retro).

Old 08-11-2013, 01:30 AM
scatpack_69
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure you could fit a Viper V10 in there if you really were so inclined, however, regardless of what you would swap, it would likely cost more than the initial price of the car itself.

Mitsubishi doesn't just make junk. If you get one, get the R/T twin turbo and carry on.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:12 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scatpack_69
I'm sure you could fit a Viper V10 in there if you really were so inclined, however, regardless of what you would swap, it would likely cost more than the initial price of the car itself.

Mitsubishi doesn't just make junk. If you get one, get the R/T twin turbo and carry on.
My experience with Mitsubishi has been quite the contrary and their current state of existence (or lack there of) is evidence that they are subpar in quality and what I have seen of those engines in NA application is they croak around 120-140K.

Thank you though for your time.

Old 10-19-2013, 12:25 PM
Girly TT
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

none of those engines will fit.

You can get a 3.5L JDM debonaire engine that will drop right in if you get a non turbo DOHC model, it will work with the twin turbo model, but will require some modification. Not really worth it unless you are looking to build it up to race.

Just get the twin turbo model, a boost controller, and call it a day.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Considering a Stealth