Dodge Stealth The car that can still draw looks from auto enthusiasts everywhere, the Dodge Stealth. From the Naturally Aspirated version to the Twin Turbo, the Dodge Stealth has a little something for everyone.

oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 03:47 PM
Rudy59
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil pressure

I am new here as I was recently given a 1993 Stealth, love it! But now I am having an issue with my oil pressure. When I first start it oil pressure is fine, two ticks below half and when I rev up the motor it increases as it should but when it gets warm pressure goes down to nothing. What could cause that?

Old 01-10-2015, 08:36 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

just my idea. start by putting a manual gauge on it. chrysler gauges are known to be less than great most of the time. cause most are electric.

Old 01-12-2015, 05:06 AM
Rudy59
Default oil pressure

Thanks moe for the reply, I have heard that the stock gauges are not that great, but as for now I believe I have the problem solved. I wanted to start at the basic level before I went and replaced the oil pump which is a lot of work. I dropped the oil pan and checked the oil pick up tube and the screen was just caked, so I replaced it and when I started her up the pressure just shot up to half and is holding. The car was stolen and it took five months but we got it back and they had put about a year and a half worth of miles on it and just drove her hard, but some tlc is getting her back in shape. thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply: oil pressure