Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

New problem, where does Neutral Conductor Cable get plugged in?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 01:50 PM
redbuu31
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New problem, where does Neutral Conductor Cable get plugged in?

Hi. I have gone insane trying to figure out what is wrong with my 1997 Stratus. From three sources, the common denominator is the computer. I just have no idea what tools I need to remove it or even where it is located in my car. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
[align=center] [/align]

Old 06-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: Where is my computer, 1997 Stratus?

which computer?? and what was the prob ne way? what have u done thus far.

Old 06-02-2007, 02:38 AM
redbuu31

There's more than one computer? Anyway, I parked my car on a thursday night. It worked fine. No bucking, no stuttering, nothing out of the ordinary. It rained all night Thursday night. Friday morning came, tried to start it, it would do everything BUT turnover, then one by one the individual power systems would shut off and the battery would die. I thought it was my Alternator. I opened the hood, the cable to the altenator was loose. I plugged it back in, no change, would get all the way to the point of ignition, no ignition. I checked the fuel pump, it works. I checked the spark plugs, they fire. I checked the fuses, all good. My nephew says he has it narrowed down to two culprits, Computer or Timing Belt (he looked at it briefly and ruled out the battery, starter, ignition, coil, spark plugs and altenator).
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-02-2007, 03:14 AM
shawnbmx

look right in the front to the right by the fuses

Old 06-02-2007, 01:21 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain

there are several computers engine tranny body thats why i asked ne way the engine computer is

POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE The PCM attaches to a bracket between the air cleaner housing and Power Distribution Center (PDC) REMOVAL[*]Disconnect negative cable from auxillary jumper terminal Auxillary Jumper Terminal[*]Disconnect both 40-way connectors from PCM.[*]Remove screws attaching PCM to bracket PCM Bracket Screws[*]Lift PCM up to remove it from vehicle. [/ol]

Old 06-15-2007, 05:02 PM
redbuu31

[align=left]Ok. I have tried several computers, the problem has not changed at all. I just found something un-attached, can anyone tell me what and where the Neutral Conductor cable goes? It is unplugged and I am praying that this little bugger is causing my issues.
[/align]

Old 06-16-2007, 02:07 AM
tomthedog
Captain

i'm sure this ain't the prob, but the easy way to check for a bad T-belt is to pull off the oil cap and look inside to see if the parts move while someone cranks the eng. if nothing moves, T-belt is busted. it is poss the T-belt lost some teeth orjumped a tooth.

sounds to me like you have water in something, causing a short, preventing starting (but somtimes things just break).

don't know about the NCC, sounds like it might be related to the tranny.

what kind of eng/tranny do you have? miles? any recent work done to it? let us know.

Old 06-16-2007, 12:16 PM
redbuu31

No work has been done to it. i just filled it up with gas, came homeand parked it. that night it pouredout, the next morning it wouldn't start. I have run a compression test on it. We have changed the sparkplugs, there's just no ignition. it is driving my nephew (who works on a lot of cars) nuts because he can't figure it out. He's eliminated the fuel pump & filter. He's done the same with the starter, alternator, coil, fuses. He said it HAD to be the computer, so I changed it.....NO change.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-18-2007, 12:20 AM
tomthedog
Captain

check the cam and crank sensors. the pcm gets sigs from these to adj the timming. if you let us know what eng/tranny you have we CAN help.let us know.

Quick Reply: New problem, where does Neutral Conductor Cable get plugged in?