Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Floor wet under mat

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:05 PM
bacardi4me
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Floor wet under mat

I have a 2002 Stratus R/T -57,000 miles.

I am having the problem of the floor getting wet under the mat on the D. side. I removed the mat and after using the A/C I could see rounded wet areas on the carpet.

I read some things saying the A/C drain may be clogged? The car is still dripping condensation from underneath as it always has after the A/C has been running.

I cannot even locate where the A/C Hose or drain is at.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:18 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Floor wet under mat

do you have a sunroof? has the windshield been replaced? do you park under trees or something that would leave debris to block the drain?

it would seem to me that if it is still draining under the car, that you could have a leak in that drain line? so that some is trickling into the car, and some is making it to the ground...

Old 07-10-2007, 06:53 PM
bacardi4me

I have a sunroof,I have alot of trees inmy yard and allot of leaves on the ground in the fall.

I just can't figure out where the drain line runs? It is not under the carpet anywhere so how is it that water is leaving those 2 round spots? It is not leaking down from above becasue it would be leaking on my foot while driving.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:20 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

if this only happens when youre using the AC, i would guess that it is the AC drain tube. I believe that the drain hose can be found on the outside of the firewall, more on the passengers side, at very low point, so that when it drains it doesnt get moisture in the engine area. perhaps use the AC on the next humid day and park it, and once it starts dripping under, watch to see where it is.

however, if it happens (water on the floor) when youre not using the AC, i would wonder if the sunroof is leaking.

thedampness on the floor doesnt smell like antifreee, does it?

Old 07-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Only

My girlfriend is having the same problem. That is why I am here. I am sure her condensation run off is clogged. I can't find the hose either. I am use to working on my 4x4's so its a little tight in there. If I could be directed to a diagram that would be GREAT. Her floor is soaking wet under the passenger seat and sour smelling. If anyone can, help me help her!

Thanks in advance

Old 07-11-2007, 05:10 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

im sorry..i dont have a diagram. if its a coupe, it should be a very long hanging hose outlet, about a half inch, on the passenger side of the rear engine bay area..

ill look for a diagram, but i dont know that i have one

Old 07-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Only

Thanks. I should be able to find it. I will dig out some ramps so my tubby butt can get under there and see it. Thanks again.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:22 AM
bacardi4me

I took the car in to a dealership, they said the drain is clogged and they "tried" to blow air in it and that did not work and that was all they tried.

They would not show me where the drain tube is. Whatever they did made the problem worse, now I have nothing at all dripping under the car.

I pulled up the Dr. side carpet and the water is just seeping up through the floor through little slit like things in the floor.

Looked everywhere on the pass. side firewall from under the car and in the engine area and cannot locate the tube anywhere.

I am stumped as to where it is at. We bought a repair manual and it shows it but does not tell exactly where it is.

And I don't undertand if the tube is on pass. side why is it getting all the way over to DR. side floor? I am sure this is water.

Yesterday was really hot and I did not run the A/C only the fan on cool and still a huge puddle of water about an hours after I shut the car off.

Any suggestions/help appreciated.

Old 08-04-2007, 12:58 PM
john1782
Professional
Old 08-04-2007, 01:23 PM
john1782
Professional

Did a little Google search and have a question? Could the liquid under the carpet be caused by a leaking Master cylinder...(which means brake fluid and not water)? 2002 Status R/T does have a recall for this as of April of this year I think. Sorry if I'm totally off base here.

Quick Reply: Floor wet under mat