Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Help!! '98 Stratus Headgasket Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 07:38 AM
JTOB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! '98 Stratus Headgasket Replacement

Hey Guys, I bought a nice '98 Dodge Stratus with 134K and a blown headgasket (no H2O in the oil). . . I am not the most accomplished mechanic under yonder elm, but am not affraid to tackle this project. However, I have been on this planet long enough to realize that I can buy all the parts and the repair manual, but there's always somthin' missing . . .

Nothin' like having a littleadvice from someone who's "been there, done that."If there's anythingspecialI should be aware of, or be looking for please let me know . . . the only wayI have to repay you at this time is with a little bit of humor . . .

I work for the newpaper here in Houston and got it on good authority from one of the wire servicesthatafter Tammy Faye Baker died she was taken to the morgueand when they started plealing back the layers of makeup lo and behold they found Jimmy Hoffa . . . . .go figure.

Thanks, JT

Old 08-14-2007, 12:15 PM
stratusblaze
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help!! '98 Stratus Headgasket Replacement

Make sure you lable all the lines (vacuum, electrical) or take pictures. You'll need a torque wrench, one that does inch per pounds and one that does foot per pounds. You'll need a 5 ton 3 jawed puller. You should have the head checked for flatness and cracks at a machine shop. You'll need gasket remover spray and plastic or wooden scrapers.

Alot of time and alot better humor.

Quick Reply: Help!! '98 Stratus Headgasket Replacement