Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Trans Filter 03 Stratus coupe 4cyl?

Old 08-05-2007, 03:32 PM
duedja
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Filter 03 Stratus coupe 4cyl?

2003 Dodge Stratus sxt Coupe.Where is the trans filter on this car? I cant find it.

Old 08-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain
Default RE: Trans Filter ?

FLUID/FILTER SERVICE (RECOMMENDED) [ol][*]Raise vehicle on a hoist. Refer to LUBRICATION and MAINTENANCE for proper procedures. Place a drain container with a large opening, under transaxle oil pan.[*]Loosen pan bolts and tap the pan at one corner to break it loose allowing fluid to drain, then remove the oil pan.[*]Install a new filter and o-ring on bottom of the valve body (Filter and O-Ring).[*]Clean the oil pan and magnet. Reinstall pan using new Mopar Silicone Adhesive sealant. Tighten oil pan bolts to 19 NĀ·m (165 in. lbs.).[*]Pour four quarts of MoparĀ® ATF+4 (Automatic Transmission Fluid) through the dipstick opening.[*]Start engine and allow to idle for at least one minute. Then, with parking and service brakes applied, move selector lever momentarily to each position, ending in the park or neutral position.[*]Check the transaxle fluid level and add an appropriate amount to bring the transaxle fluid level to 3mm (1/8 in.) below the lowest mark on the dipstick (Fluid Level Indicator).[*]Recheck the fluid level after the transaxle has reached normal operating temperature (180Ā°F.). Refer to Fluid Level and Condition Check for the proper fluid fill procedure.[*]To prevent dirt from entering transaxle, make certain that dipstick is fully seated into the dipstick opening.[/ol]

Old 08-14-2007, 04:37 PM
duedja

Thanks for the reply but it does not help me any.I have changed trans filters and fluidsall my life but for the life of me I can't find a filter on this tranny!This is a 2003 dodge stratus coupe with a four cylinder engine.I took every pan off the transmission and I don't see a filter anywhere.Where is it ? Is it hid in there somewhere? Does it even have one?Please reply ......Thanks

Old 08-14-2007, 10:26 PM
john1782
Professional

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/2003-d...f56490518af6be

Hope this might help. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, there's a picture.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:51 PM
duedja

Guess its tucked in there pretty tight and out of sight..Thanks for the info next time I change fluid I'll look a little closer.Thanks again

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Trans Filter 03 Stratus coupe 4cyl?