Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2002 dodge stratus 2002 rt 2.4 no gas at when cranked

Old 08-08-2007, 02:48 PM
jsndsky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 dodge stratus 2002 rt 2.4 no gas at when cranked

where's fuel sending unit located? Great car, Clean car, never a problem. Last week "rub rub" noise took it in had new RF hub assembly installed. The next day stranded motorist asked if I could jump their car, it worked, everything seemed fine, hour or so later parked my car went into store came out NO START conditionGETTING SPARKnot getting gas hard to believe fuel pump went out (BUT there is no sound from pump when key is turned on, took back seat out and listened close no power activation noise) with no indication. Changing relay's and pumps in the past I'm fairly confident in fixing this issue but don't know where the relay is located or which wires to test at the pump and what the correct reading should be. I'm also concerned this is a common problems in this model and someone out there knows it's not the relay or pump. This car is less thatn 10,000 out of warannty and I never allow it to be low on gas. PLEASE HELP THANKS

Old 08-09-2007, 02:54 PM
phillbus
Default RE: 2002 dodge stratus 2002 rt 2.4 no gas at when cranked

Hi I'm working on a friends car with a similar prblem...

He has a 2001 Stratus R/T 3.0 Auto.

He took it to the dealer for a crank no fire problem, they said they checked the fuel pump relay and it was good and that it needs a fuel pump. Not wanting to pay $900 for a new fuel pump he asked me to do it...

I replaced the fuel pump last night and it started right up, I drove it around to make sure everything was working... and it was...

Then today I go to start it and nothing... cranks but wont fire again... I can't hear the fuel pump running. I pulled the back seat again and tested for power at the fuel pump connector and there is no power.

Where is the fuel pump relay located on this car? I looked inthe manual but it dosn't show me...

HELP!

Old 08-09-2007, 03:35 PM
jsndsky

I was informed after purchasing part my 2002 coupe does not have the 5 pin fuel pump relay located in the front of the box on the driver wheel well. I took leads off a 12v battery (dont' do this i suggest) and got the pump to spin while mounted in the car seems I can get pump to power that way I hear gurgling when car is cranking. Now when I took pump out it was locked up I spun it backwards and it seems to work fine since expected car to fire right up but it didn't with out a fuel relay where do I go next? Not like I can pull a spark plug cause my car has none

Old 08-09-2007, 08:50 PM
tomthedog
Captain

'01 and later MY have an "ignition failure sensor". this looks for a sig from the ign sys before turning on the pump. check all fuses and relay that have anything to do with the ign sys. somtimes you may have a fuse that is cracked and not melted, giving a somtimes on condition. i'd start with replacing the fuses as they are fairly cheap. hope this helps, let me know.

Old 08-09-2007, 09:19 PM
phillbus

We checkd all the fuses and they're all good.

We went to Advnace Auto and Autozone and got 2 diffrent "fuel pump relays" - one is square and one is rectangle... But we still don't know where the fuel pump relay is on the car. We swapped the relays with every relay we could find but nothing worked...

We don't think it's another bad fuel pump because we tested for power at the fuel pump wire connector (on top of the pump) and it's not getting power.

Does anyone know where to find a wiring diagram of the fuel pump circuit? We looked in the Hayes manual but nothing was listed for this car. 2001 - stratus R/T 2door.. Same as an eclipse I guess...

Old 01-22-2015, 04:53 AM
Tmarx888
Default 2001 Dodge Stratus R/T 3.0 relay locations. ???

This is what I got from a diagram somewhere online and my 2001 Stratus R/T 3.0 has this same relay set up. Im checking it out later today.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2002 dodge stratus 2002 rt 2.4 no gas at when cranked