Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

98 Dodge Stratus Electrical Problem??

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 07:27 AM
Vince43
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Dodge Stratus Electrical Problem??

[:@]Hi everyone I hope someone can help me as my job depends on me fixingour car!!Our 98 stratus(2.4L) was running fine.I went to go to work and it was as if my battery was dead,but it was fully charged.I turn the key and there is totally nothing,certain thing's work and certain things don't.The radio won't turn on,the flashers work but the signals don't,the headlights work,the fan works but the ac doesn't.I had a neighbor give me a boost and still nothing.Our usual mechanic is too busy to work on it but when I described what was happening he said it sounds like a fusable link???? I have googled this but I'm not finding enough info to locate this problem,I know that they are cheap and easy to replace,I just need to know where these links are,please someone help me as soon as possible!!!

Old 09-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Dutch
Default RE: 98 Dodge Stratus Electrical Problem??

A fuseable link is a little square looking fuse, with a clear plastic window on the top.Usually found in the fuse box under the hood. Unlike a fuse you do not have to pull it out of the fuse box in order to see the filament, because its visable from the top.

First thing I would check is all the fuses & fuseable linksinside the car and under the hood.

If all of the fusesare fine I would check the connections on the battery for corrosion build up. If there isyou can easily clean it with baking soda and water, then rinse it off. The baking soda & water neutralizes the acid or corrsion.
Corrsion will look either White or sometimes a Green colour it looks like a fungus or mold and is a by product of the acid in the battery so don't get it on your clothes it will eat holes

Also check your grounds make sure all of them are attached under the hood like the strut towers etc.

If all of this does not fix your problem find a mechanic who is less busy or ask yours to make time.

Good luck,
Dutch

Old 09-09-2007, 09:53 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Default RE: 98 Dodge Stratus Electrical Problem??

not sure what your talking about... what your describing is a different type of FUSE.... a FUSABLE LINK actually WONT be directly in the fuse box... they are in different places.. and they look like .. usually a black rectangular box.. about an inch and a half long with a wire coming out of both ends.. only way to tell if a fusable link is broken.. it will be melted.. you will be able to tell the difference... but your problem sounds more like a main fuse.. or a curcuit breaker.. look in the power distribution box under the hood.. and check all the BIGGER fuses...

Quick Reply: 98 Dodge Stratus Electrical Problem??