Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

tranny problems 01 Stratus Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 05:03 PM
netrebel
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny problems 01 Stratus Coupe

I recently got a 01 Stratus Coupe with 3.0 and automatic tranny. Tranny started slipping and finally quit moving. Spent $1700for a complete rebuild. Got it back and it had a vibration to it like something was out of sync. When I would start it in the morning, it wouldn't go right into reverse when I put it into that setting. Had to wind the motor up some for it to go in. A week later Iput it into reverse and it just sounded like gears grinding. I was able todrive it down to the shop and left it with them. That was a week ago. They say they can't figure out what is going on. Any help? They have contacted Dodge Tech and are waiting for further instructions. Help???!!!

Old 08-14-2007, 01:18 PM
tomthedog
Captain
Default RE: tranny problems 01 Stratus Coupe

do you have any eng and/or tranny fault codes? could be a combination of faults. what type of rebuild, they rebuilt your tranny or put a rebuilt one in?

Old 08-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Stephanie717

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but I have a problem with my transmission also. I have the same car and when I put it into reverse the car jumps pretty hard. I hope it doesn't completely go... Did they ever tell you what was wrong with it?

Old 08-23-2007, 11:54 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Form what i am getting, the low reverse actuator is leaking and you may have lost one or both planetary gears or sun gear.

Old 08-25-2007, 05:07 PM
netrebel

I finally got it back from the shop. They claim valves were sticking in the valve body. Still having trouble with it going into gear at first startup of the day. The shop says they will remove the valve body and rework it for me.

Quick Reply: tranny problems 01 Stratus Coupe