Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

97 Dodge Stratus Overheating

Old 10-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Topdawg2881
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Dodge Stratus Overheating

Hey Guy I could use some help with my Dodge Stratus. It has recently started to overheat. While it is overheating the Heater inside the car does not work. I'm guessing it might be the thermostat. but I could use some help double checking this. Any Suggestions???? Thanks

Old 10-28-2007, 01:22 PM
nate_0022
Captain
Default RE: 97 Dodge Stratus Overheating

Coolant, water pump could be some things to check. My car did the same thing in the winter I wouldn't blow any heat unless I was constantly on the gas, when I came to a stop sign the cold air came blowing out. I just flushed the radiator and it was better.

Old 10-28-2007, 05:05 PM
WranglerAngel

well i am definatly not a mechanic, but.... I hope it's not that serious but I have the same year stratus and my head gasket went bad and needed replaced around 80-90k miles. Of course, i knew also because my car was leaving puddles of anitfreeze/oil...I know overheating is often times a symptom, but hopefully it is just something minor.

Angel

Old 11-02-2007, 11:18 PM
sisterteachb

Mine did the same thing. I didn't realize that I was loosing my coolant INTO the motor - I blew a head gasket. Now I have been told that I should just replace the motor, which is a 2.7L, so they are hard to find, which drives up the cost. So my car is now a paperweight. Have your head gasket checked before you do more damage and have to replace to motor. Mine was overheating, and I didn't know why. It also would blow cold air in the winter if I was not on the gas. This sounds exactly like what I went through. ...If I had only known...I hope it is not too late for you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 97 Dodge Stratus Overheating