Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

1997 dodge stratus 2.4l auto trans

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 09:38 PM
fender][
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 dodge stratus 2.4l auto trans

hello all
I have a couple questunes im hopeing someone can answer

I have a 97 stratus 4 door2.4 auto

it has approx 190 000 miles on it

as far as i know the trans hasnt ever been changed and seems to shift fine after a couple of miles. the previouse owner was very upto date on the serviceing

but when i first start out i pull up to the first light and right when im about to stop it feels like it slams into first, almost like someone has rearended me , i checked for codes and non were found, the check engine lamp is off . the fluid is nice and clean and up to level

but i do knowtice sometimes that under very light accelleration it seems to surge and loose power till i put the pedel about half down. the car idles fine at lights and has a new vc gasket and plugs and wires.

my upper balljoints have loosness when checking them with the tires loaded on the ground when i grab the top of the tire and move it back and forth i can feel the clicking of the joint moving in the socket ,could this be causeing it? or is my trans on its way out

Quick Reply: 1997 dodge stratus 2.4l auto trans