Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

What Model Stratus do I have?

Old 02-23-2009, 12:06 AM
nowwhatnapster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Model Stratus do I have?

My girlfriend bought a 2004 Dodge Stratus Sedan, 6cyl, automatic

How can I determine the make? Is there something on the car I can just look at?

Also what type of oil should I get for this? Cars got 41k on it, and I was told its using a synthetic/non-synthetic blend.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:45 PM
ratsttam
Captain

Not quite sure what you're asking here.

I can tell you that the main differences between the sedan and the coupe is that the sedan is dodge made, coupe is mitsubishi made.

If you are asking submodel, such as R/S R/T, it should be badged as such in the rear of the car. The 2g drivers will be able to tell you what kind of oil is best to use.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:42 PM
tomthedog
Captain

my '02 4 door is an SE+. it has the 2.7 v-6 with every option but the block heater. your best best it to call a local dodge dealer with the vin to find out. every MY change can effect big things between auto manuf.

my motor is a mitsu product, the body "U.S." with the way the world market is "U.S" don't mean alot. powertrain could be from Japan, suspension from Europe, and sheet metal from Mexico. it all depends on where it's put together.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:39 AM
nowwhatnapster

Yea i need to know what sub model it is. SE, ES, R/T? Sorry for the vagueness of my question.

I want to grab an oil filter for it online, but before I do I needed to make sure I had the right make/model.

I also need to know what type of oil I should be using. I believe it has a synthetic blend in it right now if it makes any difference.

I don't know a whole lot about cars, im a computer guy, but I am trying to learn more so I can at least do routine maintenance like changing oil. I do it on my integra, so I figured I might as well take care of my girlfreinds car too since she doesnt get the oil change as regularly as it should.

Now that you understand my lack of knowledge what does "2g drivers" mean in laymens terms?

Old 02-25-2009, 08:00 AM
ratsttam
Captain

"Now that you understand my lack of knowledge what does "2g drivers" mean in laymens terms?"

1g 1995-2000 Sedan Only. SE 2.0, SE 2.4, ES 2.4, ES v6 2.5.
all dodge parts, except the v6 2.5 which has a mitsubishi engine (galant)
2g/ 2.5g 2001-2006 (2.5g updated the look of the car slightly)
Sedan - SE, ES, SXT, R/T Dodge made engines 2.4l and 2.7v6
Coupe - SE, SXT, RT based on eclipse 3rd gen platform (slightly longer)
Available with the mitsubishi 2.4l and 3.0v6 engines
Sedan and coupe are completely different cars, with similar styling cues to market them as one name.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:18 PM
nowwhatnapster

Ah.. Second generation. Damn, I should have been able to figure that out lol. Thanks for your help.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What Model Stratus do I have?