Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Noisy front end

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:18 PM
maritimesbob
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noisy front end

For the last month or so I`ve been getting a clunking noise from the front end when going over bumpy roads, potholes, dips and so on.

It also makes a pop sound when taking right hand bed, ie when the weight of the car is on the drivers side. When taking a regular right turn there is no noise, just on bends which is probably because I`m going a little faster. Turning or going left there is no noise at all.

I jacked up the car a few weeks ago. Tried the rocking the wheel 6-12 for any play, thinking perhaps a bearing or something was going but the wheel was nice and solid. Couldn`t see any visible signs of worns bushes anywhere. The calipers are nice and snug too.

I`ve pushed on the front to see if the struts make any noise, but again there is nothing.

I`m leaning that may be the sway bar links are on their way out? I only had these replaced two years ago - is there a history on these cars of sway bar link problems?

I have a 1996 2.4 Stratus.

Thanks.

Quick Reply: Noisy front end