Go Back   DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Stratus
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

changing HUB bearing

Old 06-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Default changing HUB bearing

Hi everyone!
I got 05 2Dr stratus
I need to change front hub bearing.
my question is. have you eve tried to do it yourself. how is it hard and how long it takes.
i just want to safe some money and change it myself.
i know how to work with cars and did a lot off stuff, but never did that before. or you think it's better to see mechanics???
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Old 06-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Captain
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2001 Stratus Coupe

How many miles are on the car? I have the factory bearing on my 01 with 103k miles.... Its odd that they would need replaced on an 05 already.

I never did this on my Strat, but i did replace the wheel studs in my GF's Civic which required pressing the bearing from the knuckle. Get yourself the 00-05 Eclipse Haynes manual to walk you through.

Eibach Sportline Springs, KYB GR-2 struts, Muffler delete, CAI, Short throw shifter, All chrome 2.5g wheels, Rear Disc Conversion, Eclipse Spoiler and Fuel door, Blacked out headlights, OEM foglights, Redline tuning hood struts and a little bit more.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Garage is empty, add now

my car has 45K miles.
the problem is that I was in an accident and hit was to the while, so that's why I think the problem in HUB. I already bough whole assembly.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Captain
2003 Chrysler Town & Country
My Garage

Vehicle: 1g 2000 ES. V6 6g73 Autostick 41TE. Black Leather with Pioneer MP3/CD/Sirius

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawki05 View Post
Hi everyone!
I got 05 2Dr stratus
I need to change front hub bearing.
my question is. have you eve tried to do it yourself. how is it hard and how long it takes.
i just want to safe some money and change it myself.
i know how to work with cars and did a lot off stuff, but never did that before. or you think it's better to see mechanics???
I just recently replaced a front wheel hub assembly on my '00 (it's a 1g, so your experience may differ). It was rather simple. Hardest part was the wheel hub bolt, but my buddy has a 3/4" 6' socket wrench his dad uses on helicopter blade assemblies. Made really easy work of that bolt, but you might need a breaker bar. Other than that, there was just a couple smaller bolts behind the hub and the cotter pin for the dust cover.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Garage is empty, add now

well i tried to do it today, but I couldn't.
I apart everything and everything was good. but the problem was that i couldn't pull out drive axel from the hub. without that I couldn't reach bolts. i think i need some tools. but another thing is that everything was cover with rust, maybe that's why it was hard to pull it. if I will not find anybody cheaper to do that for me than i will try to do that again myself.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:31 PM

Tags
2000, 2001, 2002, assembly, bearing, changing, dodge, front, hub, intrepid, ram, rear, replacing, rusted, stratus, wheel