Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

changing HUB bearing

Old 06-04-2009, 07:52 PM
tawki05
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default changing HUB bearing

Hi everyone!
I got 05 2Dr stratus
I need to change front hub bearing.
my question is. have you eve tried to do it yourself. how is it hard and how long it takes.
i just want to safe some money and change it myself.
i know how to work with cars and did a lot off stuff, but never did that before. or you think it's better to see mechanics???

Old 06-04-2009, 08:05 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

How many miles are on the car? I have the factory bearing on my 01 with 103k miles.... Its odd that they would need replaced on an 05 already.

I never did this on my Strat, but i did replace the wheel studs in my GF's Civic which required pressing the bearing from the knuckle. Get yourself the 00-05 Eclipse Haynes manual to walk you through.

Old 06-04-2009, 08:31 PM
tawki05

my car has 45K miles.
the problem is that I was in an accident and hit was to the while, so that's why I think the problem in HUB. I already bough whole assembly.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:47 AM
ratsttam
Captain

Originally Posted by tawki05
Hi everyone!
I got 05 2Dr stratus
I need to change front hub bearing.
my question is. have you eve tried to do it yourself. how is it hard and how long it takes.
i just want to safe some money and change it myself.
i know how to work with cars and did a lot off stuff, but never did that before. or you think it's better to see mechanics???
I just recently replaced a front wheel hub assembly on my '00 (it's a 1g, so your experience may differ). It was rather simple. Hardest part was the wheel hub bolt, but my buddy has a 3/4" 6' socket wrench his dad uses on helicopter blade assemblies. Made really easy work of that bolt, but you might need a breaker bar. Other than that, there was just a couple smaller bolts behind the hub and the cotter pin for the dust cover.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:31 PM
tawki05

well i tried to do it today, but I couldn't.
I apart everything and everything was good. but the problem was that i couldn't pull out drive axel from the hub. without that I couldn't reach bolts. i think i need some tools. but another thing is that everything was cover with rust, maybe that's why it was hard to pull it. if I will not find anybody cheaper to do that for me than i will try to do that again myself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: changing HUB bearing