Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

01 Stratus Body Control Module

Old 09-21-2010, 08:04 AM
craigbrew
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Stratus Body Control Module

I have a 2001 stratus sdn with a 2.7 with 75k on it.
it has power locks and manual a/c

In 2007 I had a problem where the instrument cluster died. I took it to the dealer and after they replace the I/C it still didn't work so they then replaced the Body control module. It cost me a lot of money. On 9/18/10 I go out to the car and the same thing I/C is dead. I want to replace the BCM myself to save some money.

Can I do this myself?

Where is the BCM located on a 01 stratus?

Do i have to do any thing to it to get it to work with my car?

Old 09-21-2010, 10:51 PM
kiwicowboy
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The BCM is located behind the dash to the left of the steering wheel.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:56 PM
kiwicowboy

It's not hard to remove just awkard.

Try cleaning all the connections and reseating them before replacing it. 99 times out of 100, the problem is with dirty connections or burnt wires. Dodge is bad about using under sized wire to save a few penny's and I have found a lot of wires with burnt insulation.

No programming is necessary if you have to replace the BCM.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:30 AM
craigbrew

So last night I decided to take a look and see if I could find this thing. At that time there where no replies to this thread. I knew that the fuse box is in the engine compartment. I lift the hood and take a look. I had heard on another site that the BCM is behind the fuse box. I decide that if I'm going to mess with the fuse box I should disconnect the battery. As I'm doing this I remember that the alarm will go off when I reconnect the battery so I go in the house to get the key fob. When I'm walking back out to the car I notice that the odometer doesn't show all 000000 any more. I put the keys in and every thing is working fine again. I hope the dealer didn't do this and just charge me the first time this happen.

Thanks for the replies
Craigbrew

Old 09-22-2010, 12:34 PM
kiwicowboy

FYI - There is another fuse panel on the left side of the dash and the BCM is behind it.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:22 PM
marilyparily

my dodge 2001 pointed to BCM when no power to windows , blower and certain light s on the dash so I got another from another 2001 Dodge stratus and put it in but no one told me I shld disc baterry so when we started it it wouldn't stay running so we took out and cleaned the orig and put that back in and won't start at all everyhting else still the same so we disc battery overnight and still nothing so shld we take out the BCM again and put back in with the battery dics and see if that works these software problems are ridiculous

Old 04-09-2014, 09:32 AM
craigbrew

So I had a problem the other day.

The other day my wife got up at the same time I did and was leaving for her moms house 4hrs away. She was going to take the truck and I was going to drive the car while she was gone. I have a remote starter on my 2001 stratus. We only have one fob and it is on my wife's keys. I had her start the car before she left. I drive to work and go to shut off the car. It won't shut off. The remote start won't turn off and the wife has the key fob and is on her way out of town. We all know how easy it is to disconnect the battery on the car. So I decide to pull the the fuel pump relay and the car stalls. Then the remote starter starts to try to start the car again so I pull the starter relay.

I went in to work and came out at lunch. Replace relays and it is still trying to start, remove relays again. I open up the inside fuse panel and it smell like electronics getting hot so I know the power is still on. I go back to work and come out after work. replace relays it doesn't try to start. Dead battery, get a jump. car starts and I can shut it off, but the instrument panel is not working. Car is now in safe mode. Drive home 2.1 miles. Disconnect the battery for awhile and reconnect still in safe mode.

So I buy a BCM off ebay. I will say that removing and installing was easy. Car is out of safe mode and the I/C is working. Only problem I have now is the odometer is now a lot higher than mine. I have to find some one to reset it or just live with it.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:26 AM
pixelpadre
Rookie
Default Keyless entry remote control question

OK parting out my stratus ES 2000. I have two remotes. The question: Which part does the remote control get sold with?

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 01 Stratus Body Control Module