Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

99' 2.4 132,000 miles. PLEASE HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 08:23 PM
ashleyy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99' 2.4 132,000 miles. PLEASE HELP!

I haven't really ever had any problems with my car its been amazing to me, but last year it was stolen for 2 months and the electric was all not working when I drove it home from the impound. Then later that night I got in it just because I missed it and started it up and everything worked again. No problems since then last year.
I had some front work done with ball joints and something else and also had a radiator flush just because it hasnt ever been done. I have kept up with oil changes and checking fluids every couple weeks just to make sure everything is always good. Well I was driving a few nights ago and the check engine light came on, it has never came on before so I looked under the hood, checked the fluids everything was just fine. Went off the next day. The next night I was driving again and It came back on and wouldnt go out of first gear. (Light came back on) and I drove back home and it was still in first, I did put it in park and held the brake and went through all the gears and it clicked in every gear. So earlier today I took it to autozone (Light is still on, it shifted with NO problems, everything was fine, it shifted just like it always had) and got it checked and 2 codes came up P0700 and P1763. (0700) says the transaxle control module has a fault. C1- shorted or open circuit within transaxle C2- failure of transaxle control module.
(1763) Governor pressure sensor input was too high C1- internal transmission failure C2- open or shorted circuit condition.

I have no idea what any of that means and the guy told me to go to a transmission shop and get an estimate. I am kind of freaking out because I dont want my car to die. If you have any idea what might be wrong or anything, please let me know. I'm going to try and drive it again later to see if it will shift. thank you so much for reading!

Old 12-08-2010, 11:53 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF
P1763 is for the dodge truck transmission. Maybe it was P1775 or P1776?

Old 12-10-2010, 12:37 PM
ashleyy

It says 1763, I dont know Get this, last night went I drove it the light was still on but everything was fine, driving back home (I didnt go more than 2 miles total) the light went off and everything was still fine. I dont know, I know there is a problem I suppose I will take it to a transmission shop and get an estimate. But my car is just being so confusing. It is super cold here (I live in Michigan) so it might be something to do with that. Thank you for reading!

Old 12-13-2010, 04:47 PM
jrypka

When my Stratus had the same symptoms it was the vehicle speed sensor. I don't recall if there was a check engine light code or not, but I was able to wiggle underneath and change out the sensor in the parking lot at work. I don't recall the details, but it wasn't too bad of a fix.

Quick Reply: 99' 2.4 132,000 miles. PLEASE HELP!