Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

1997 stratus with some electric issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 10:29 PM
lmcclure
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 stratus with some electric issues

ive been working on this car, I bought it off a guy at work with a timing belt flung, that isn't the issue, ive recently got it running and driving and finding out what is and isn't working, and here is a run down of what doesn't work

horn
interior lights
radio(lights on the radio work but it doesn't turn on)

I know the 3 are on about the same circuit but ive tried with putting a couple fuses in and it just blows them as soon as they touch, ive read a couple people suggest the clock spring for the horn, would it effect the rest of those if it were grounding a positive from the clock spring or is that even possible?

thank ya in advance

Old 09-10-2013, 09:58 PM
lmcclure
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after thinking and doing a couple things, I figured I would connect a set of jumper cables to the battery just positive, and then connect to the radio positive...and BOOM the lights come on! but its definatly something wrong because it wants to fry the wire as well, what do you guys suspect? maybe something in the column?

Quick Reply: 1997 stratus with some electric issues