Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2000 Dodge Stratus won't start when low on gas

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 09:04 PM
alan1213
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Dodge Stratus won't start when low on gas

I have a 2000 Dodge Stratus. Whenever my gas gets to a quarter tank or lower, it wont start. I'm not saying when I'm out of gas, I could still have a quarter tank left, but it wont start.

If I start it before it gets that low, it will run til its out of gas. Also, its always able to start right after I shut the car off, but if the car has been off for a while and the gas is semi-low, it won't start. I had the fuel pump go bad and I replaced it. The car started doing this after I replaced the fuel pump. I have dropped the tank again and the pump seems to be sitting in the tank correctly.

Can anyone help me out here? I've never heard of a car doing this.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:09 PM
2000 Stratus es

Any Solutions to this problem? I have the same exact issue.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:09 PM
GALVANIZEDYANKEE
Professional

Can you hear the pump running? Does it stop after a while. Check the fuel pressure at the fuel rail. I'm not sure of your situation. If all of the above checks OK check the ignition. If it does this after a short stop period and is OK after an overnight, it may be a heat sensitive ignition system.

Quick Reply: 2000 Dodge Stratus won't start when low on gas