Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Please help. 2000 stratus fuel pump

Old 07-04-2011, 09:53 PM
pixelpadre
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help. 2000 stratus fuel pump

My pump will not come on unless I hot wire it. If I turn the key, pump will not come on and no voltage is supplied to harness behind rear seat.

I have replaced dist and crankshaft sensor. Still no pump. all fuses and relays checked. I have move piston #1 to TDC and checked the right cam sprocket. Its right on. The left sprocket on my 2.5 v6 is giving me trouble getting the cover off. Do I really need to check alignment on that sprocket also? Is it possible that the left sprocket slipped?

Can a ROV suddenly fail causing my pump to shut off? I am at wits end and dont want to take it to a garage because I dont think they will diagnose it relative quickly.

What else can cause the pump to stop?

Old 07-04-2011, 10:23 PM
BillS
Captain

have you tried replacing fuel pump relay and autoshutdown relay with different ones from distridution center ,also when your checking for power is someone doing key or are you turning it on then going to back to check it "The PCM controls the fuel pump relay by switching the ground path for the solenoid side of the relay on and off. The PCM turns the ground path off when the ignition switch is in the Off position. When the ignition switch is in the On position, the PCM energizes the fuel pump If the crankshaft position sensor does not detect engine rotation, the PCM de energizes the relay after approximately one second "

Old 07-04-2011, 10:46 PM
pixelpadre
Rookie

Originally Posted by BillS
have you tried replacing fuel pump relay and autoshutdown relay with different ones from distridution center ,also when your checking for power is someone doing key or are you turning it on then going to back to check it "The PCM controls the fuel pump relay by switching the ground path for the solenoid side of the relay on and off. The PCM turns the ground path off when the ignition switch is in the Off position. When the ignition switch is in the On position, the PCM energizes the fuel pump If the crankshaft position sensor does not detect engine rotation, the PCM de energizes the relay after approximately one second "
Yes I swapped relays for fuel pump and ASD.

I have someone in the rear listening while I turn on the key.

I realize that PCM shuts off pump, injectors and coil if no signal is received from cam shaft or crank shaft, thats why I replace both of them...needlessly.

What about roll over valve? What about ignition switch? What about left cam sprocket skipping the belt?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please help. 2000 stratus fuel pump