Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Dodge Stratus SE 2.4 Ltr. Engine Swap

Old 04-16-2011, 04:17 PM
ndh777
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Stratus SE 2.4 Ltr. Engine Swap

I've got a 2003 Dodge Stratus SE 2.4 Ltr. right now and I am looking to do an engine swap on it. I know that only a select few engines would fit so is there a list anywhere that I can see what engines I have available for my car?

I'm looking for something more powerful like a V6 or maybe even a V8 if possible and just getting a brand new engine because mine has too many problems I just don't feel like dealing with.

Old 04-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as you get the trans bolt pattern to match up it shouldn't be a big deal, you'll most likely have to do a ton of re-wiring though. I believe you have the 41te/a604 tranny so whatere fits to that would work.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:16 PM
ndh777
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know too much about the transmission actually lol I got a new one and it's automatic with 5 gears and that's about all I know about it lol

But okay, that makes sense. I wouldn't do it myself, I was going to take it to a shop but I wanted to see what were my options on which engine I could get.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Evon Trizmo
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Auto with 5 gears? Then it's not a 41te. I don't know if a shop would even take on a task as big as swaping to an entire different engine, that's mostly for the hobbist/DIY person.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dodge Stratus SE 2.4 Ltr. Engine Swap