Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2001 dodge stratus 3.0 v6 (coupe)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Sparkle1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2001 dodge stratus 3.0 v6 (coupe)

Hello, Everyone

I love my car, its cute and its red! But Sparkle (the car) is starting to rub me the wrong way! She hasn't work for 2 weeks!!!!!!! Here's my problem I can not located the main ecu in my car, can anyone help ME!!!!!! Everything else work the radio, windows, etc etc etc. Sparkle just wont start, I got her a major tune-up and nothing she wont move! So, now the guy working on my car says my ecu is burned out, but he cant find the main ecu. I need my car fix to get back and forward to work and get the kids back forward to day camp. HELP MEEEEE PLEASE (can anyone tell me where the ecu is located)!!!!!
God Bless Everyone

Last edited by Sparkle1; 05-30-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:30 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sparkle1
Hello, Everyone

I love my car, its cute and its red! But Sparkle (the car) is starting to rub me the wrong way! She hasn't work for 2 weeks!!!!!!! Here's my problem I can not located the main ecu in my car, can anyone help ME!!!!!! Everything else work the radio, windows, etc etc etc. Sparkle just wont start, I got her a major tune-up and nothing she wont move! So, now the guy working on my car says my ecu is burned out, but he cant find the main ecu. I need my car fix to get back and forward to work and get the kids back forward to day camp. HELP MEEEEE PLEASE (can anyone tell me where the ecu is located)!!!!!
God Bless Everyone
I think its on the passenger side under the glove box. Very rarely an ECU goes bad. Did it just randomly quit while driving or when you went to start it up one day?

Old 05-30-2011, 08:42 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF

There a few place's it can be hiding. First one like pearl01 had said, If its a canada built car. Its behind the left headlamp. Another place would be the passenger side kick panel.

Old 05-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Sparkle1
Default To Peral1

well, it just stopped in mid traffic! Everything on the car works the power windows radio etc etc etc, but it just wont start. The car acts like it wants to start!!!!!! we assume it the main ecu because when you hook it up to the diganosic mach. it does not read anything!!!!!!

Old 06-01-2011, 11:20 AM
DodgeGirl84

I had that problem about 6 months ago, and it wasn't the ECU.

In my case, the car died as I pulled into work. The car's lights worked, the car's radio worked, the windows worked, and the car was trying to start. But it just wouldn't start.

So, I had the car towed to my mechanic and had them run some tests on the car. The car wouldn't read the codes (yes, my car has active codes...and no, I'm not messing with the stupid O2 sensors), wouldn't turn over.

They did something totally unexpeted. (I was thinking ECU, Altnator, Space Alien...) They charged the battery...and while it didn't hold a charge long, the car started right up and the system reset itself. So, in the end, they put in a new battery.

It has worked fine since.

So, my question is...did you have someone charge the battery or swap it out?

Ash

Old 09-07-2016, 05:10 PM
Jim Rodenbaugh
Default Ecm

The ECM on my 2001 Dodge Stratus RT 3.0 is plugged into the fuse box under the hood and says ECM on it.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:33 PM
Jim Rodenbaugh

If you are looking for the PCM ( 2001 Dodge Stratus RT 3.0 the TCM is included in the PCM); its located behind the glove box. You need to remove it first. Then looking way underneath and behind the duct work it is. There is a screw that has grounds under it. But that screw holds the bottom of the PCM mount. I have yet to determine how to get to the PCM with ductwork in the way. You may read that the TCM/PCM are in the wheel wells; they are not.. It's not in the engine bay or either kick panel, save your energy.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:47 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Please look at the dates of the posts before posting a response to a years old thread.

Quick Reply: 2001 dodge stratus 3.0 v6 (coupe)