Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

1996 Stratus V6 vacuum leak galore.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:31 AM
Dr. Stratus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Stratus V6 vacuum leak galore.

Hello everyone. I am new to the Dodge forum, but have been a Mopar fan for quite a while.

Recently, I have bought a 1996 Stratus ES. V6 with AutoStick (The car was manufactured in January 1996, but it seems like it was sold as a 97 Model year as some papers that came with the car state is a 97. I was reading up on A/S and it looks like it started being use in 97, but anyways...)
The car ran decent until recently. I had realized my oil pressure switch started messing up and leaked oil like no other. I also needed valve gaskets done. So I decided to them and as I put everything back, I have been having vacuum leaks. I was wondering, does anyone have a common man's diagram. I do have the diagram on the bumper part of the hood BUT it's confusing. For example, it tells me the EGR is in the back of the car, not in the front.

Anyways, all help is appreciated. I know right now the line that goes from the front of the EGR to the back of the manifold is good as well as the 2 around the brake area.

Also, one thing to note, it idles at 1500 on a flat surface, 2000 on an inclined hill.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1996 Stratus V6 vacuum leak galore.