Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

FYI: Recall on Lower Control Arm/Ball Joints

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 05:36 PM
Digger95
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FYI: Recall on Lower Control Arm/Ball Joints

Since this recall has affected me and potentially many others on the forum I thought I would post a new thread about this.

The recall is for replacement lower control arms manufactured by Federal-Mogul for Dodge Stratus and it's siblings, all models 1995 through 2006. These have been found to be defective and can blow apart prematurely and without warning. Duralast and Moog are among the brands involved in the recall. This recall was just posted on January 28 of 2011.

http://www.autorecalls.us/aut-04/rec...tus/77537.html

For more info call Federal-Mogul at: 1-877-489-6659

I'm going through the reimbursement process myself right now. If you are affected by this recall, do not let them get stingy with you. In addition to the control arm and labor, make them reimburse you for a front end alignment and anything else that may have been affected by the defective part. It peeves me off that if I hadn't gone looking for recalls on my car I wouldn't even have known about this. If the thing had blown apart at highway speeds I might have been severely injured or worse.

Hope this helps some other folks,

Jim

Old 07-30-2011, 07:40 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

This is a recall by the company federal mogul, not dodge? Because the only recall I found at this time was for the 1995-1997 JA body RC 750, I also found a recall RC D55 for the right steering knuckle for 2005 JA stratus.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:47 PM
Digger95
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correct, it is a Federal-Mogul recall NOT a Dodge recall and as stated in the original post it affects anyone who has purchased a replacement lower control arm like I did. As such, the age of your vehicle doesn't matter, only that you have installed a replacement control arm for it and found it to be defective. The brand names are Duralast and Moog, but please call to see if your replacement control arm may be involved in the recall.

Last edited by Digger95; 07-30-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Quick Reply: FYI: Recall on Lower Control Arm/Ball Joints