Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2.4 srt?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 09:30 PM
trippin_trepid
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4 srt?

is the 2.4L four cylinder in the first gen stratus sedans' the same motor as in the neon srt-4's? if so, how difficult would it be to swap all the parts from a turbo'd srt-4 2.4L to the stratus sedan 2.4? just asking cuz im thinking about buying a first gen stratus and would eventually wanna mod it.

Old 08-07-2011, 10:49 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

The motor will fix. But I don't know how much work is involved to make it work.

Old 08-08-2011, 01:38 PM
trippin_trepid
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i was doin a lil research and i found on allpar that dodge actually sold stratus sedans with the same 2.4 turbo in the srt-4 in mexico. it was only an automatic, but it still ran 15 seconds in the 1/4 mile, which isn't too bad. im just wondering if everything would bolt right up or if there would have to be some custom fabrication work done. how cool would it be to have a srt-4 powered 1st gen stratus sedan?!?!

Old 08-08-2011, 06:57 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

I don't see why it wouldn't bolt up. You may need to remove the pilot bushing if it has one in the crankshaft.

Old 08-20-2011, 03:39 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by trippin_trepid
i was doin a lil research and i found on allpar that dodge actually sold stratus sedans with the same 2.4 turbo in the srt-4 in mexico. it was only an automatic, but it still ran 15 seconds in the 1/4 mile, which isn't too bad. im just wondering if everything would bolt right up or if there would have to be some custom fabrication work done. how cool would it be to have a srt-4 powered 1st gen stratus sedan?!?!
Actually they RT in mexico was only a stick. I'm planning on doing the swap to my 06. It's a pretty easy swap in mine. I don't know about a first gen though. Someone's gotta be the explorer. Go For It.