Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Rusted rocker panels

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 01:30 PM
rmcrawfo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rusted rocker panels

I'm looking at buying a 2000 Cirrus that needs to have its rocker panels replaced. A large portion of the rust is aft of the the rear doors where it goes up about 6-8" between the wheel well and rear door. I found rocker panels at "Nor-Am" but it is just a straight piece (i.e. doesn't include the part that goes up between wheel well and door). Is this a separate part or is the Nor-Am part wrong? Haven't been able to find an exploded view of the body. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:20 PM
BillS
Captain

have you tried ebay or "chryslerpartscenter".(they have exploded views for alot of there items)

Old 12-31-2011, 08:19 PM
michaeld70

I used just plain sheet metal and made all the curves and bends myself, didnt take long, but I also found vent holes in the wheel wells behind the door striker that are open towards the top of the wheel well so that as the wheel spins it allows all of the dirt and water to get forced in, settling where you see all of the rust, there was little damage towards the front of my car, but a few pounds of dirt and rust under the rear doors lol. I siliconed the vents, and figure the heavier guage sheet I used will outlast the rest of the car anyway.

Quick Reply: Rusted rocker panels