Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Cold Air Intake And Exhaust Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 04:37 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Cold Air Intake And Exhaust Mods

i changed the muffler and the pipe, but there is nothing special about the midpipe

Old 02-08-2006, 05:06 PM
gMatt82
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you have to do welding? or bolt on? I'd prefer bolt on heh, just me, I like it quick and easy, did i say that out loud, ugh

Old 02-08-2006, 05:41 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

mine was bolted to the car, but the unit had to be welded together..the brackets and such

Old 02-08-2006, 06:58 PM
gMatt82
Rookie

can you explain a little bit more...

and you run borla right....

what's best, flowmaster v. borla, haha

Old 02-08-2006, 07:11 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

no..my exhaust is completely custom...

those one piece systems are expensive,a nd the ones that i have installed sounded like crap...

i have a factory midpipe..then the whole rear section,which goes over the rear suspension assembly, is all custom..all the way out the back.

Old 02-10-2006, 03:37 AM
gMatt82
Rookie

I'm so happy....!!!!

I got my paint coating, which really didn't help the pre-off the lost scratches, but they coated it with some coating I guess...and I got the undercoating done too....

While I was waiting like 2 hours or so, I called around on some numbers that I printed prior, for some muffler shops, since I got my tax refund, I was going to get a good performance muffler....

Some places wouldn't touch unless that undercoating was done. I told the dealer or whatever department he works in, anyways, he gave me like info on the car, what it had etc, the carfax check and offered things like spoiler and tinting or an alarm, that was it....I was talking to him about thinking about upping the performance to gain efficiency etc, and he said, he knew this guy and would give me his number. well, I already had his number, but having someone know someone and referring is even cooler, heh. I called him, said what I wanted, he said come on down, I asked about the undercoating, he said no problem.

I go down there, he says, what would be good is either, going cat back pipe to muffler, or you leave resonator in and see how it sounds, want louder, and we take out 25.00 extra, and put this chrome tip on, from magnaflow, after this flowmaster muffler 40 series....heh, i was like, ok, you know what you're talking about, let's try before taking resonator off, see how it sounds and we go from there.

they get the flowmaster on, with the tip, i think expands out to 3 in or more, didn't measure yet, and man, it sounds awesome!!! i was like, that's it, it's a keeper.

reving up through the rpms, does it ever get loud at certain points, heh, i was looking at the site and it does get loud at those points.

brought home, wife wasn't expecting, but i told prior, and she said, sounded like a truck, hahaha....

that's what i like, anyways. got that, and a k&n filter, i don't want to void any warranties right now, unless i know i can fix easily, however, i think it'll be sufficient enough, it's now like the neon of mine, where it took in air from above the engine before going through the air box, heh, it's at the front of the engine.

So, sounds awesome, feels great, going to put some mobile1 in tomorrow, and a k&n oil filter, see how different that feels, some people say they notice a difference, i hope i do, haha, i'm putting out a lot right now, while i can.

i'm kind of, prepping it up before trips to iowa of about 186 miles one way and trips down to the lake, about 120 miles or so, down at the ozarks.

my wife then said in car, sounds like a ricer haha, kind of does at higher rpms, which is understandable, v6, heh, but man, it's great!!!

thought I'd share...i can't think of anything else to do to help the performance/efficiency, unless you can....heh. I'm happy right now until the oil change and the air filter re-charge

oh, and that video, my car sounds really close to it, except mine don't snap as much i don't think, heh, that's alright, because now i'm happy!!!

wish i could get a video, maybe a video on poor mpg off my digital camera, maybe i could get something up soon and share as well

Old 02-10-2006, 03:49 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

i did mine with the digital camera...

Old 02-10-2006, 04:13 AM
gMatt82
Rookie

oh, heh, i guess i got a chance, lmao

Old 02-16-2006, 12:46 AM
gMatt82
Rookie

kind of cheap quality, but it gets the job done eh....

this is just my flowmaster muffler and tip, with the k&n air intake filter and resonator still there, I like it, not as racey sounded and cracklin as yours Bad, but it still sounds good, heh.

nothing fancy, but like i've posted, got me a ~2mpg increase.

*Video was here, but removed links to reduce the almost 1gb of traffic on our server for upcoming news channel coverage on the site. May repost when I can, files still there, but for webcrawlers sometimes access these files because of these links, and if they are crawling the forums here like do on my forums, they probably do here too, unless webmaster has set no robot crawls in text file on server, so for the sake of the unknowns, will remove the links for saving bandwidth purposes of expected increase, sorry for inconvenience*

The two last ones, sorry dark, but kind of leaves it mysterious eh? HEH, since I don't have two hands helping me really, I decided to go out and record as my wife was going to store, like 10 min ago. She thought I was up to something else so stopped, I stopped recording and told her, and she continued on, haha.

Oh yeah, sorry on first one, I was moving the strat back so I could work on the neon in front, and while doing so, thought I record that too, haha.

Edit: I have seen a lot of people try and gain access to these videos, sorry for the down time, since moving servers on the cyberdunks.net network, to the godaddy servers from yahoo, I never took the time to put these back up...they aren't fancy, like I have stated, soon maybe I can get better video up, for now these will do heh. I have noticed that people are trying to get this through usage statistics available through godaddy server, and noticed a lot, within this month alone, have had 12 hits trying to get the file. so, without hesitation, here you go again, they are uploaded now, heh, sorry!

Old 02-16-2006, 01:13 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

is it a sedan?

Quick Reply: Cold Air Intake And Exhaust Mods