Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2004 dodge stratus won start

Old 04-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Shifferm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2004 dodge stratus won start

A few weeks ago i was driving my 2004 dodge stratus 2.4 single over head and it just shut off while driving a mile from my house and the car wouldnt restart. so we took it to a shop and they said it was a crank sensor. While taking the car apart we found that the balance shaft belt had snapped and tore apart the crank sensor. So while replacing the balance shaft belt and crank sensor we also replaced the water pump, timing belt, timing belt tensioner (a dealership suggested we do it all since we are in there and taking things apart) we put everything back together and the car still wont start. It is making the same noise it did when it first broke down, it tries to start but wont turn over. We have checked the fuel pump which is working. The only things we can come up with are coil packs, or the ECM. Where is the ECM located and how would we know if it is the ECM that went bad or something? we cant find it maybe we r looking in the wrong spot, and is there a way to find out if its the ECM without taking it out and taking it some where? and last how do we know if its the coil packs? or any other suggestions as to what it might b?

Old 05-06-2012, 02:33 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome to DF

Is the crankshaft sensor on the back of the engine block? If it is, then open the wire harness to the crank sensor and check the wires. The wires are near the exhaust manifold and over time they melt together.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2004 dodge stratus won start