Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Engine Cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 03:41 PM
pvr02
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Cleaning

This is my first brand new car. I have to say its the best one i've owned yet. I drive alot (9,000 miles in 2 months). I have started doing my own oil changes. While doing these, I have started to notice the engine getting dirtier. I don't show it or anything, but I remember from my last car, it started looking pretty dirty after a year or so.

Is there a good way to "clean" it or is it something I should just ignore? I don't need to make it shiny since no one will see it, but just getting rid of any dirt, leaves, etc... of off the engine and out of the engine compartment.

Old 09-02-2005, 06:19 AM
crazy_croc_head707
Default RE: Engine Cleaning

Good point. And yes I can help you out a lil bit on this.

Find a Kragen store near you. And the name of the best engine cleaning cans/spray bottle. Is a brand called Stoner. Dont let the name fool you! Because I havent seen an engine as clean as mine after I use it! Because it takes off all the dirt and grime from the engine. And another thing. Check your air filter bi-monthly. Because alot of leaves and sticks/twigs and just a whole **** load of things get into your filter and rob you of horse-power.

Old 09-03-2005, 09:55 PM
thump186
Record Breaker
Default RE: Engine Cleaning

Good ole simple green and a cool engine.

Quick Reply: Engine Cleaning