Go Back   DodgeForum.com > Dodge Cars > Dodge Stratus
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2000 Valve Cover gormment for the bolts????

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 01-13-2013, 04:32 PM
armaniEfiftyfive armaniEfiftyfive is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 25
Exclamation 2000 Valve Cover gormment for the bolts????

Where can I buy this? My mechanic friend stopped by and said I should really replace the bolt gormment to the valve cover as this is where it would also leak. But I haven't had any luck on finding it a local pep boys, advanced our autozone.

Anyone?

2000 Dodge Status
2.4

This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-13-2013, 04:49 PM
armaniEfiftyfive armaniEfiftyfive is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 25
Default

Bolt attached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaniEfiftyfive View Post
Where can I buy this? My mechanic friend stopped by and said I should really replace the bolt gormment to the valve cover as this is where it would also leak. But I haven't had any luck on finding it a local pep boys, advanced our autozone.

Anyone?

2000 Dodge Status
2.4

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (29.0 KB, 3 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-13-2013, 06:46 PM
BillS BillS is online now
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 488
Default

most likely have to go to dealer to find it,you might check home depot, lowes,or tractor supply if you have one(some have good selections of grommets,washers etc.)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-14-2013, 01:30 AM
armaniEfiftyfive armaniEfiftyfive is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 25
Default

Hmm... ok do you really think I need to change them? They kinda look good to me.

I would just hate to repeat the job. Right now it's taken apart and waiting for me to get the grommets. (winter car) and a great low maintenance car. DD is a (E55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillS View Post
most likely have to go to dealer to find it,you might check home depot, lowes,or tractor supply if you have one(some have good selections of grommets,washers etc.)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-15-2013, 01:09 PM
bad venge's Avatar
bad venge bad venge is offline
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Vehicle: 98 Dodge Avenger
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,167
Default

Looking at the parts manual online it looks like you have to purchase new bolts and the gromet comes with, $1.89 each
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-17-2013, 09:13 PM
armaniEfiftyfive armaniEfiftyfive is offline
Amateur
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 25
Default

Thank you. I checked the bolts after putting it all together and it doesn't appear to be leaking through the inner bolts. Ill keep an eye on it. If not no biggie Ill grab the bolts at the dealer.

Car has been really reliable in the New England winter months. Purrs like kitten with the new plugs.

140k and going strong.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bad venge View Post
Looking at the parts manual online it looks like you have to purchase new bolts and the gromet comes with, $1.89 each
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:13 PM
 
 
 
Reply




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Join DodgeForum
Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
Our Sponsors
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 PM.

Internet Brands, Inc.


Contact Details & Emails