Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2001 dodge stratus dash gauges not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2023, 11:28 PM
Lisa Furmage-Porzio
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 dodge stratus dash gauges not working

I have a 2001 Dodge Stratus SE 2.4 And for the past year, my dash gauges have not been working. The dash lights work but the water temp. doesn't work the mileage speed gauge, gas gauge, and tach do not work. At 1st they would work on and off but it got worse till they stopped working at all. Before the Engine test port stopped working I tested it and got 3 codes P1693, P1698, AND P1192. I've checked all fuses and they all are good. I was wondering. ok, I have an oil leak coming from under the engine, not the oil pan, the leak is up above that somewhere, the car is so low that even when It's jacked up it's hard to get under it to see what's going on so I don't know exactly where the leak is coming from. Anyways the wires that are running from the top part of the motor down behind it that go along the back of the motor to where ever they are soaked with oil and I mean soaked. I was wondering if this could possibly have anything to do with my dash gauges and engine test port not working. Maybe it's causing the ground not to work or something. I've looked as much as I can to see if there are any broken wires but I haven't found any. This has been going on for about a year now and I cant get it smogged so they won't give me the stickers for my car. I paid my registration already but I can't get it smog because they can't get the engine tester to work on my car. I was going to just Retire the car to the BAR program that goes through the DMV here in Calif. But I can't even do that without a Smog certificate saying it passed or Failed. I'm 63 years old and I don't have the money to take it to a shop and I'm disabled and have a lot of Doctors appt's to go to . I need this car it runs great and looks good inside and out.I just need to fix it so it will pass smog ? Can anyone tell me what I can do? Thank you

Old 07-10-2023, 10:03 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Created a separate thread.

Quick Reply: 2001 dodge stratus dash gauges not working