Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2000 Stratus electrical issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 08:49 PM
hollybry
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Stratus electrical issues

My 2000 stratus battery would not hold a charge. Purchased the car in January, so I figured it was probably an old battery and I put in a new one.
Same problem. It has to be driven at least every other day or I lose battery charge.
I have done a parasitic battery drain test to see if I could find the culprit, but it didn't turn up anything weird.
I have tested the alternator, and it seems fine.
I too, it to autozone, and had them check the codes.
I got a Intake Air Voltage Temperature High, and a EGR Solenoid Circuit code.
They didn't give me the code numbers.
Also, my doors will not lock using the power lock switch on any of the doors, and my AC Controls, defroster, etc do not light up on the dash.
The previous owner told me he had just replaced the heater core. So maybe he didn't plug something in right?

Can anyone help me with any or all of these problems?
I got this for my sons 16th birthday in January, and would like to get the car acting right for him.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:49 PM
binky42
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would take it to a mechanic and have them do the parasitic drain test. It won't cost an arm and a leg, and it's better to have the experts do these things before you start dumping time and money into other possibilities. You could very easily have missed something. I also don't trust places like Autozone to do diagnostics. They aren't professional mechanics and they don't use professional equipment.

My mechanic, who is a total dude, does these kinds of tests for free.

Quick Reply: 2000 Stratus electrical issues