Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2003 2.4 stratus ac repair

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 05:34 PM
andrew25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 2.4 stratus ac repair

First post here so here it goes. Little background info. My sister who is in highschool got her first car(stratus) in the fall. Fast forward to this summer, its hot and the ac does't work. Harvest is over and my parents have agreed to help pay to fix the car. Only thing is they don't want to take it to the shop. Thats where it falls on my shoulders. I could use some extra money and they want to save some money.

Heres what I know (I know my way around a car, but I'm far from a master tech if you catch my drift). the person they bought it from told them it did have a leak somewhere in the ac system, not sure where. So heres what i'm thinking, I'm open to other suggestions as well. I've pulled the compressor, and will be putting a new compressor on, along with a dryer. once these new parts are installed charge it/dye it up and find the leak fix the line. However in order to replace the dryer I need to find the dryer. I have traced the lines from the condensor to the compressor, then they go into the fire wall and to the evaporator. If i remember right the dryer should be after the evaporator, correct? Does this seem like a good approach.

I'm not sure if the clutch is out on the compressor, all i know is they want to replace the compressor, and I remembered when you open up the ac system you have to replace the drier as the humidity from the air will render it useless.

any help locating the dryer, and any other suggestions on fixing this ac system are welcome

Thank you much,
Andrew

Old 07-18-2013, 08:33 AM
BillS
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome check this link for dryer info http://en.allexperts.com/q/Dodge-Rep...-Stratus-C.htm. I would have checked for leaks b4 taking compressor off in case you have to open system again to fix leak then you would have to replace dryer a 2nd time might get lucky and just be a leaky/loose cap/fitting

Quick Reply: 2003 2.4 stratus ac repair