Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

cruise control issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 01:23 PM
mutant
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cruise control issue

I have a 2005 Dodge stratus with the 2.4 X code engine, I am having an issue with the cruise control.....Literally it will work fine then all of a sudden it does not work? The light shows on the dash for cruise but wont work, then shut it off and it works
Very intermittent
Question is since it works then does not work......is it the relay or the switch and if the switch how hard is that to replace? I know it is on the side of the brake master cylinder but cant find a sticky on how to do it.
Also which relay is it, the lid the covers the relays does not list what is for what and the chiltons book does not show it either?
thanks in advance

Old 08-25-2014, 02:16 PM
BigWill13
Default Here is the fix to your cruise control problem.

Originally Posted by mutant
I have a 2005 Dodge stratus with the 2.4 X code engine, I am having an issue with the cruise control.....Literally it will work fine then all of a sudden it does not work? The light shows on the dash for cruise but wont work, then shut it off and it works
Very intermittent
Question is since it works then does not work......is it the rela
or the switch and if the switch how hard is that to replace? I know it is on the side of the brake master cylinder but cant find a sticky on how to do it.
Also which relay is it, the lid the covers the relays does not list what is for what and the chiltons book does not show it either?
thanks in advance
I just had this same problem with my 2005 Dodge Stratus. I first bought the

Old 08-25-2014, 02:22 PM
BigWill13
Default Here is the fix to your cruise control problem.

Originally Posted by mutant
Very intermittent
Question is since it works then does not work......is it the rela
or the switch and if the switch how hard is that to replace? I know it is on the side of the brake master cylinder but cant find a sticky on how to do it.
thanks in advance
I just had this same problem with my 2005 Dodge Stratus. I first bought the speed control sensor that is on the LH side on the steering wheel.( Its the On/Off cruise switch.) Got it at the Dodge dealer $ 60. It didnt fix the cruise control. Then I bought the brake light switch $17. It is mounted under the dash behind the brake pedal. It takes 2min to change out . The cruise works perfectly. Hope this helps you. BIGWILL363@YAHOO.COM

Last edited by BigWill13; 08-25-2014 at 04:48 PM.

Quick Reply: cruise control issue