Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2002 Stratus HVAC housing help

Old 09-24-2015, 06:51 PM
tgrim1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Stratus HVAC housing help

I'm in the process of replacing evaporator and heater core in my 2002 stratus. The repair manual says to remove the hvac housing nuts inside the engine compartment at the firewall, but doesn't say how many or where they are. I found some instructions online (here maybe?) that say there are two upper, and also one lower that you need to get at from underneath the car. I could only find 2. One centerline about a foot from the top, and one on the passenger side between the heater core lines and evap lines an inch or so from the top. Can someone who has done this help me out? I don't want to start pulling the dash out only to find that I missed one.
I jacked up the car and looked all over and don't see any other nuts. I did see near the top on the drivers side a stud with no nut on it about mirroring the one on the other side. Could this be the third one Im looking for?

Thanks for any help.I'm in the process of replacing evaporator and heater core in my 2002 stratus. The repair manual says to remove the hvac housing nuts inside the engine compartment at the firewall, but doesn't say how many or where they are. I found some instructions online that say there are two upper, and also one lower that you need to get at from underneath the car. I could only find 2. One centerline about a foot from the top, and one on the passenger side between the heater core lines and evap lines a few inches from the top. Can someone who has done this help me out? I don't want to start pulling the dash out only to find that I missed one.

I jacked up the car and looked all over and don't see any other nuts. I did see near the top on the drivers side a stud with no nut on it about mirroring the one on the other side. Could this be the third one Im looking for.

Thanks for any help.

I'm in the process of replacing evaporator and heater core in my 2002 stratus. The repair manual says to remove the hvac housing nuts inside the engine compartment at the firewall, but doesn't say how many or where they are. I found some instructions online that say there are two upper, and also one lower that you need to get at from underneath the car. I could only find 2. One centerline about a foot from the top, and one on the passenger side between the heater core lines and evap lines a few inches from the top. Can someone who has done this help me out? I don't want to start pulling the dash out only to find that I missed one.

I jacked up the car and looked all over and don't see any other nuts. I did see near the top on the drivers side a stud with no nut on it about mirroring the one on the other side. Could this be the third one Im looking for.

Thanks for any help.

I'm in the process of replacing evaporator and heater core in my 2002 stratus. The repair manual says to remove the hvac housing nuts inside the engine compartment at the firewall, but doesn't say how many or where they are. I found some instructions online that say there are two upper, and also one lower that you need to get at from underneath the car. I could only find 2. One centerline about a foot from the top, and one on the passenger side between the heater core lines and evap lines a few inches from the top. Can someone who has done this help me out? I don't want to start pulling the dash out only to find that I missed one.

Thanks for any help.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2002 Stratus HVAC housing help