Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Fuel Pump Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 01:02 PM
1997DodgeGrandCaravanES
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump Replacement

First thanks to all who post here. I have learned much and saved a lot of money.

Recently I had to replace the fuel pump in my 97 Grand Caravan (I know, this is a Stratus forum, but read on). Everything I read pointed to removing the tank. This was bad news because it meant removing several old hoses (filler tube, EVAP lines, etc.) which made the job even worse (and more expensive because they can crack during removal).

The good news is that I was able to replace the fuel pump with the tank still installed in the vehicle. The key was making a low profile spanner wrench which allowed removal of the plastic lock ring while the fuel tank was still strapped to the vehicle. This link has detailed step-by-step instructions, pictures and a video;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Pump-Lock-Ring-Wrench-Socket-for-2004-1995-Chrysler-Dodge-Plymouth-/161334758187?hash=item25904d0b2b&item=161334758187&pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&vxp=mtr

The spanner I made fits the lock ring on 1995-2000 Stratus too. Removal is from inside beneath the rear seat. I made a few extra to help you fix yours.

Quick Reply: Fuel Pump Replacement