Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

need help on 2.4 engine swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 06:15 PM
diydodgeman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question need help on 2.4 engine swap

I took the Engine out of a 1998 stratus 2.4 DOHC and put in a 2003 Stratus with a 2.4 DOHC aside from some sensor changes everything went well, it is now in the car and I went to start it and have no spark and a p0335 CKP sensor code, now the 2003 had the CKP on the drivers side front where the 1998 has it on passenger rear, same plug in.

I switched out the wiring harness, used the 98 intake and a adapter to use the 2003 throttle body due to the difference in the IAC, also modified the 03 fuel rail to use on the 98 engine. the CKP however I had to lengthen the 3 wires on it for the plug in to reach. it has power and sends a pulse so I believe its working fine any suggestions?

Old 08-01-2014, 12:09 PM
diydodgeman
Default new info

so I found out that the pulse pattern is different so the CKP and CMP are out of sink, the dealership says the computer cannot be programed to fix it and by changing the CMP by a few degrees will fix it, so now my question is does any one know how to do this? the dealership wasn't for sure but said it is possible. anyone have any idea please let me know

Old 09-08-2014, 09:50 PM
diydodgeman
Default hmm.

So all these views and not a single reply?

Quick Reply: need help on 2.4 engine swap