Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

car was stolen, any way with out key or damage to steering / ignition

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2014, 06:25 PM
jwharv2003
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry car was stolen, any way with out key or damage to steering / ignition

no signs of forced entry. everything appears to work, no damage to an ignition or the steering column.

any other possible way they could have done this. my car vanished from my driveway in the middle of the night.

my claim was denied, i weent to court today and the judge is reviewing any options he researches with out a key or damage to the car.

i feel it could be a bad responder unit within the car possible, or a bypass system

2001 dodge stratus se 2door v6

Old 09-04-2014, 02:51 PM
ratsttam
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like it was recovered fairly quickly. I will also assume you're not the first owner? Did you get all the keys with it when you bought it? Is it possible that someone had found a set of keys from a previous owner?

To test the transponder key, make a blank one (good for opening the door if you lock 'em in!) and see if it starts and runs for more than 10 seconds. If it does, than any copied key could have worked.

Quick Reply: car was stolen, any way with out key or damage to steering / ignition