Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Dashboard separation

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 12:13 PM
Stratomatic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dashboard separation

So the new to me ride has the dashboard pulling up. Looks like some epoxy left to. Curious if this has happened to others. My plan is to take the dash apart, get some expos in there and clamp it down and hope for the best.

If anyone has been down this repair road feel free to chime in.

Here is how it looks now. Also by windshield vent it looks like it has come up some. Such is life on my super cheap DD car but I would like to see how far I can bring this sucker back to glory :-)

OOOf can't add attachments more than one here?? Lol I'll have to add pics later from desktop.

Old 08-30-2014, 01:06 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Common problem on the 03-05 coupes. I helped a buddy swap his beige bad dash for a black dash that had the same problem, and we fixed the black on before we installed it. I forget the glue we used but it did the trick. Just go to Home Depot or Lowes and get some industrial project glue, and use weight and/or clamps to keep the dash pad down while the glue cures.
Name:  DSCF2021.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  57.2 KB
New:
Name:  DSCF2057.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  60.7 KB

This was over 5 years ago, and he no longer has the car so no telling how its holding up.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:01 AM
Stratomatic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pearl01stratcpe
Common problem on the 03-05 coupes. I helped a buddy swap his beige bad dash for a black dash that had the same problem, and we fixed the black on before we installed it. I forget the glue we used but it did the trick. Just go to Home Depot or Lowes and get some industrial project glue, and use weight and/or clamps to keep the dash pad down while the glue cures.

New:

This was over 5 years ago, and he no longer has the car so no telling how its holding up.
Thanks for those pics, appreciate it. yeah liquid nails should do the trick holding it or maybe a two part epoxy. Looks like the dash top is easier to remove than I first guessed.. Was it just basically bolted on top like a cover? Seemed like it where it's peeling up by the gauge cluster.

Still a few days out for the removal, need to clean the interior first it's a mess.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:08 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

We completely removed the dashboard. The top pad is firmly secured to the dash frame, just those couple of spots werent held well.

Quick Reply: Dashboard separation