Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Front strut complete assemblies for 04 R/T Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 01:48 AM
Stratomatic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front strut complete assemblies for 04 R/T Coupe

Curious what people are buying who are DIY types. Looking through the old treads it sounds like a bitch to take apart and rebuild an assembly.

I saw these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unity-2-11191-11192-Front-Suspension-Strut-Assembly-Kit-fit-Chrysler-Sebring-/131178800504?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ADodge%7CModel%3AStratus&hash=item1e8adda578&vxp=mtr
And it looks like all the PITA and hardship of taking the assembly apart and back together is a non issue with this set.. Anyone know of other brands or options that are complete assemblies?

Old 08-31-2014, 08:13 AM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Viewing that link and compatible vehicles they say it will fit the 2.7l Stratus coupe, which doesnt exist. The 2.7 is sedan only. To avoid getting parts for a sedan, I always browse parts for an 00-05 Eclipse. The hardest part to changing struts is compressing the front spring. Best thing to do is to remove the strut assemblies from the car, and take them to a shop. Usually shops will have a nice wall mounted spring compressor that makes it a breeze to swap over the spring to another strut.

As for replacements, KYB GR-2s are a popular OEM strut that are a little stiffer than stock, and KYB AGXs have 4 adjustments for stiffness.

Last edited by pearl01stratcpe; 08-31-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:27 PM
Stratomatic

Originally Posted by pearl01stratcpe
Viewing that link and compatible vehicles they say it will fit the 2.7l Stratus coupe, which doesnt exist. The 2.7 is sedan only. To avoid getting parts for a sedan, I always browse parts for an 00-05 Eclipse. The hardest part to changing struts is compressing the front spring. Best thing to do is to remove the strut assemblies from the car, and take them to a shop. Usually shops will have a nice wall mounted spring compressor that makes it a breeze to swap over the spring to another strut.

As for replacements, KYB GR-2s are a popular OEM strut that are a little stiffer than stock, and KYB AGXs have 4 adjustments for stiffness.
Yeah from reading related threads here the rental compressors won't do the trick so I'll likely bring it to my friends shop in town. I just noticed the 2.7 on the link and it not being 3.0 - the Eclipse tip is fantastic, thank you. I keep forgetting it's essentially a shelled Mitsubishi.

Old 09-03-2014, 04:35 PM
Stratomatic

Found the right struts for coupe after more searching. $160 for the pair shipped. To rebuild existing it was going to cost like $100 plus rebuild cost since I don't have a good enough spring compressor. So I'm saving a few bucks and labor is in my driveway one morning.

I'll post up more as this unfolds in case anyone else DIYs it down the road.

Old 07-17-2015, 04:04 PM
Stratus0159

I know this is an old thread, but did it ever get updated?

I am looking at a DIY for the Unity part for the sedan.

Rockauto has them..they aren't cheap, but still...it's cheaper than paying a shop to do a front end rebuild.

Quick Reply: Front strut complete assemblies for 04 R/T Coupe