Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

97 Stratus starts, won't, then starts, then won't, then starts, then...?

Old 09-26-2014, 06:21 PM
thaddy1978
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Stratus starts, won't, then starts, then won't, then starts, then...?

I have a 97 Stratus with a 2.4. A few weeks ago, in the morning, it wouldn't start. Turned over just fine. Sprayed starter fluid, chugged some and after a minute of trying it, it started up. NO problems for 2 weeks. Yesterday the battery light came on while driving to work. Parked it, swapped out the alternator in the parking lot and it started right up. I ran it for a few minutes and shut 'er down. --this, I am sure, is unrelated. But either way, went in to work, washed my hands, came back out, and no start. And this time it wouldn't start. It turned over fine and would run with the starting fluid being sprayed, but as soon as that stopped, so did the engine. Drove to work (in a different vehicle), got in the Stratus and tried to start it up, and nothing. At my lunch I checked fuses with an ohm meter and nothing was out. Got in the car and it started right up. What the......? Any ideas?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 97 Stratus starts, won't, then starts, then won't, then starts, then...?