Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2G Stratus loosing coolant and a/c issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 03:45 PM
Nsignificant
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2G Stratus loosing coolant and a/c issues

Hi there,

A couple days ago I purchased my 3rd Stratus Coupe. It is an 02 V6 R/T.

I don't know why I keep buying these cars, I guess you could say I'm a glutton for pain! Or I fell in love 10 years ago, in either case I am having some issues and was looking if anyone had the time to help me out. The vehicle has 110k miles. The front struts are blown but I've done this a thousand times on this car.

1) P0157 Code along with P0159, I believe this is the firewall side post cat 02 sensor, I have ordered it and will replace, could there be any other underlying cause?

2) Bad motor mounts, I can feel the vibration, but I remember from the last two how much of a PIA it is, and the back one is the only one that went bad, which is almost impossible to change. Can I just leave it?

3) The A/C is finicky as all hell. It'll cool, but seems to have issues in that I the A/C radiator fan will constantly run or erratically and quickly shut on and off seemingly to keep it cool, causing the idle to be unstable. Can anything be done about this?

4) I filled my coolant overflow reservoir yesterday to full, this afternoon I checked and it was halfway between full and empty. I have looked for leaks and cant find any, no coolant on the ground; no milk in my oil, no white smoke.

5) Occasionally while driving I get a 1-2 second buzzing or grinding noise from the passenger side front end. I've heard it once while just idling and twice while driving. I looked and there doesn't seem to be anything touching or falling onto the timing belt.

Thanks for the help!

Pieter

Quick Reply: 2G Stratus loosing coolant and a/c issues