Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Need advice with ECM - guys familiar with 2.7

Old 10-23-2014, 12:11 AM
Cards-fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice with ECM - guys familiar with 2.7

Hello, i have a 2001 Dodge Stratus Sedan with a 2.7 engine, U 8-th digit.

The engine was bad in it so i finally got one and replaced it today, my problem is that the old engine had an EGR valve and the new one does not have one.

So since i had no way to wire the EGR i just used the non EGR exhaust manifold and the intake, now my check engine light is on constantly since, i assume, the ECU thinks that the EGR is unplugged.

My question, if i go back to pick n pull where i got the engine from, and get the ECU from the same car i got the engine from whch was a 2002 Chrysler Sebring Convertible, would that solve the EGR issue ?

If anyone has other advice as well, please let me know and thank you.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:55 AM
Cards-fan

Or does anyone know if i can replace the computer without having to re-flash it to work?

Thank you.

Old 10-23-2014, 12:29 PM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is for the 02 sebring http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...control+module

This is for an 02 sedan
http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...control+module

They're the same part number, so you may be able to get away with getting the sebrings ecu and having it reflashed. Or try plugging it in and see if it works.

Only issue I see is your car is an 01, the 01 ran a different ecu then the rest, so it may not work with the harness if that changed at all.

Old 10-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Cards-fan

Wel, the computer did not work, it would have had to been taken to the dealer and they would program it for around $120 so i just went and took a wiring harness off another motor with am EGR valve and rewired everything, took about an hour so if anyone ever has this problem that would be the easiest way to go.

Now that i took care of that i am faced with a new problem, car is smoking gray/blue smoke from the exhaust and i can smell the oil inside the car when i am stopped completeley but when driving nothing.

I checked the compression and it is good, no oil in coolant and no cooland in oil. I put a new PCV valve on, checked every spark plug and they are free and clear of oil, only 2 had minor oil on the thread only, intake is nice and clean, throttle body is clean, check engine light is not on......I am stumped, and not sure what could cause this.....

Again any suggestions would help and thank you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need advice with ECM - guys familiar with 2.7