Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

What to look for in a '99 Stratus

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 01:29 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What to look for in a '99 Stratus

Been looking for a 4 door car to haul the kids to school in and to be a work commuter. Found a '99 Stratus. Has 77k miles on it. Water pump went out, so they replaced it and did the timing belt at the same time, so that's a plus. I should be able to get it cash for about $3400 out the door. Is this a good deal on one of these? What are common things that go bad on a Stratus like this that I should look for? What kind of mpgs does it get?

Thanks.

Old 10-25-2014, 10:38 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I did not buy it.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:46 PM
TZFBird
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the next person who wants to know, first, feel inside the rear fenders just inside the lip in front of the tires. If you feel a triangle shaped hole about the size of a dime, you can plan on the rocker panels rusting out in the future. I can't say much bad about the wifes' 2000. It's been through a lot and overall runs good considering it needs a lot of work still. The transmissions will leak from a small cover on the front(shift servos).

Quick Reply: What to look for in a '99 Stratus