Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Dodge Stratus 2.7L Oil Sending Unit Location

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 12:25 PM
alayne2023
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge Stratus 2.7L Oil Sending Unit Location

Hey guys. I am trying to locate the oil sending unit on my
05 Dodge Stratus 2.7L V6. I have checked underneath, particularly near the oil filter with no luck. I have also tried backtracking from the wiring harnesses on the block and still haven't been able to identify it. If anyone has any pictures or diagrams I would appreciate it. Will I have to remove anything to be able to find it? Thanks.

Old 10-31-2014, 03:34 AM
haywardstratus

That one's a pain in the patella. It's behind the driver-side axle.
Does this link help?

Old 11-02-2014, 04:34 PM
alayne2023

That is exactly what I needed. Pain in the patella is an understatement, but I got the new part in. No more oil light at idle. Thanks for the link!

Old 04-04-2015, 07:34 PM
Window

How did you get those bolts off? I can't even seem to get enough leverage or room to even get a wrench back there. I spent an hour just trying to remove the first bolt and there's absolutely no room to do anything down here.

Old 04-04-2015, 07:57 PM
haywardstratus

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Looking at the last picture on my website I see that I used a socket wrench... vs say a ratcheting wrench or anything else. I'll try to get under there when the car gets home and see if I can recommend something.

Old 04-04-2015, 08:08 PM
Window

Wow thanks I appreciate it. Do you know if a bad oil sending unit would cause a car to bump up the RPMs randomly or stall out? Someone told me it could because the car is trying to increase pressure or shut the car down as a safety mechanism. I figured the switch is bad because it has the same issues as everyone else has reported with this car. If flickers on and off at lights and turns off when you start moving.

Old 04-04-2015, 08:25 PM
haywardstratus

I don't remember it doing that for me when I had to fix mine. I hope replacing the switch will fix this for you.

Old 04-05-2015, 07:49 AM
alayne2023

If I remember correctly, I had trouble getting my socket wrench in there. I used an adjustable wrench, but it was difficult. If you have a universal joint for your socket wrench that would probably work best. Just be sure to wear some gloves if you don't want to tear up your hands.

Old 04-05-2015, 02:08 PM
haywardstratus

I just looked; it's a tight fit. You'll have to improvise. Another suggestion is to first put the socket on the bolt and then snap the ratchet over it. The other is that if you are due for an oil change, remove the oil filter, see if that gets you closer.

Quick Reply: Dodge Stratus 2.7L Oil Sending Unit Location