Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2006 stratus - lighter replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 11:31 AM
this-is-crazy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 stratus - lighter replacement

Hi everyone. I am an excellent web surfer but for the life if me I cannot find anything on how to replace the cigarette lighter in 2006 stratus.
Plan A: take off dash put in new lighter screw dash back on...simple? no. As I started to take the dash apart I realized the entire thing is one piece.
Plan B: pull off side piece by drivers pedals replace lighter...simple? no. I have very small hands and could reach the back but not enough room for me to twist the housing.
Plan C: Twist lighter from outside and twist in new lighter. simple? sure was except the back housing piece fell behind when the lighter came free.
I am no mechanic but I changed -thanks to blogs and online videos the alternator and the oil pressure sensor myself. this is WAY more difficult. there has to be an easier way to access the lighter. Certainly every mechanics hands are much larger than mine so there is no way they are using that side little access panel. I have found a few posts from others with the same problem but no one can provide an answer. Also it isn't my fuse. I'd buy them 2 at a time because it would blow alot. I dont mind not having a working lighter-i just want to charge my phone. There must be some simple thing I am missing and it is driving me crazy. thank you for reading this and any answers or work is appreciated. ☺

Quick Reply: 2006 stratus - lighter replacement