Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

unknown dashboard light

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2014, 01:56 PM
clueless1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unknown dashboard light

Recently, a red light has been coming on sporadically on the dashboard of my 2000 Stratus. It is on the right side in the same place as the anti-theft light that blinks when the car is off. It is a round light, and there is no symbol or writing. It looks exactly like the alarm light, and is in the same place. At first it only came on when I went around a corner, and it would go back off in a second. Now it is coming on more often. It
still goes off immediately. I do not have a manual, and no one seems to have any idea. Help!

Last edited by clueless1; 12-28-2014 at 01:57 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 12-29-2014, 11:48 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

What year is your stratus? If it's in the same spot as the alarm light and looks exactly like the alarm light.....then one could safely assume it IS the alarm light. Maybe your remote battery is getting weak.

Last edited by jkeaton; 12-29-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old 12-31-2014, 11:36 AM
clueless1

It is a 2000 Stratus ES. I do not have a remote, and the anti-theft light blinks fine when the car is off. I have noticed that this light comes on most often when I go around a corner, and then it goes back off.

Old 12-31-2014, 11:40 AM
clueless1

I don't think I made my first posting clear, sorry. This light is coming on while I am driving. Thanks!

Quick Reply: unknown dashboard light