Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2003 Dodge Stratus jerks when decelerating to 30 mph

Old 01-31-2015, 07:31 AM
Ayloe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Dodge Stratus jerks when decelerating to 30 mph

So my stratus hasn't had any work done recently other than an oil change last month. Just the other day it started acting up - any time I drive higher than 30 mph and decelerate (braking or coasting), it always jerks harshly one time exactly at 30 mph. I assumed it was low transmission fluid, and when I checked, it looked low, though honestly I wasn't testing on a very level surface (stupid I know). I did end up adding some fluid (made sure to use the right kind) but it's still doing the same thing. I've read a few other posts around the web, mostly on this forum, and have seen the fix is to have a TCM quick learn done at a dealership. But I had also read that that process was typically only done after having work done on the transmission. Since I haven't had any work done, I was wondering if this is still something I should consider getting done? I have an appointment already with my typical mechanic on Monday but if it's something a dealership needs to handle I'd rather get it done beforehand. Thank you for your help!

Old 01-31-2015, 02:57 PM
BillS
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what engine do you have, coupe or sedan ,how many miles ,have fluid and filter ever been changed ,sometimes just changing fluid and filter will help on dodge transmissions not sure on the mitsubishi (coupe) transmission

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2003 Dodge Stratus jerks when decelerating to 30 mph