Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

Climate Panel Control Issue

Old 03-24-2015, 11:14 AM
pupchu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate Panel Control Issue

I have 2004 Dodge Stratus 4-door sedan. Issue I am having it with the climate control panel like a power issue with it. It is not a heating issue, not an AC issue AC is fully loaded at the 21lb full had it checked cycles as should, and the blower blows always blows never as issue with vents elevators front, bottom, defrost etc.

So for example:

With the climate control panel issue when I use the "word" AC as example immediate people go to AC issues and its not from my research & being checked. This morning all I wanted to do defrost back glass no heat or air running or needed just get fog off rear glass. Press button for rear defrost don't always light up or beep keep pressing it serveral times until it comes on and beeps. So now it is on. Then I went to turn off can't light just stuck on! Pressing button does nothing. Do same keep pressing it serveral times finally cuts off light off and beeps. Not an ac or heat issue like a power issue or short. Kind of want make me beat it like this video:

Now if we talk about when I do use the AC when I do turn **** to the AC and it comes on and blows cold air…. when the AC stops blowing cold air if I keep pressing rear defrost button (UNTIL it comes ON) when I can get it to light up then the AC kicks back on I can feel the compressor engage and the cold air returns. But, give it some time driving down the road and COLD air will stop blowing cold and I do the same process over again. Why hard telling people this problem they assume it’s an AC problem and not air works good until it just powers out. I have the same problem like above just getting the rear defrost to power on…

I am not sure if it’s the climate control panel that culprit. Then I hear this term being using (BCM) body control module I have no idea. Looking for anyone that has experienced this and what was the resolution?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Climate Panel Control Issue