Dodge Stratus The Dodge Stratus. Whether you've got a sedan or coupe, base model or R/T, theDodge Stratus has winning looks and thrilling performance.

2006 Engine light doesn't go off

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 10:31 PM
tuononero
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Engine light doesn't go off

Hi all,

i have a problem with a 2006 Stratus i recently bought and i need help from the experts.

The car had an accident on the front. For this reason i assume the ambient air sensor somehow threw the code P0073.
That is the regular part.
The real problem is that i tried to erase the code with my lovely ELM327 dongle but the light doesn't go off. So i went to the inspection shop where the owner very kindly tried to erase the code with his scanner but nothing, the light stays on.
He said (and i agree) that even if the problem is present the light should go off even for just a few seconds when i start the car after erasing the code.

Now any of you had this same problem? Any chance i can solve it without going to the stealership??

Thanksssss

Old 03-27-2015, 04:33 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Have you tried unhooking the negative terminal from the battery for a few hours to see if that resets things? Thats a pretty odd occurrence for the light not to go out when told to.

Old 03-27-2015, 07:46 PM
tuononero
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually i found the problem.
I had to remove the front bumper and trace rhe sensor wires to realize that the idiot who fixed the car connected the wires of the sensors to the horn. Infact the horn wasn't working.

They also changed the wiper reservoir tank leaving the little motor wires hanging.
So the wires that were supposed to go to the sensor have been cut off. Therefore the car read no value.
Once i rewired all the wires i cleared the error and the light turned off!!!!

Time for some relax.

Thank you for your answer.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:36 PM
pearl01stratcpe
All Star
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for posting your solution. Should hopefully help someone out in the future!

Quick Reply: 2006 Engine light doesn't go off